HEAVY RAIN IN THE FORECAST FOR KENT COUNTY, MARYLAND
Chestertown, Md. (October 1, 2015) — The National Weather Service (NWS) is forecasting heavy rain in Kent County through the end of this week. Rainfall is likely to begin on Thursday and continue at least through the weekend, with the potential of 5 to 10 inches, or local forecast of total precipitation. Some areas will receive higher amounts which could produce flooding of
rivers, streams, ponds, and low-lying areas. The Kent County Office of Emergency Services is
currently making preparations for the incoming storm.
The Kent County Office of Emergency Services is recommending the following:
- Clean storm drains and gutters on your house to prevent overflow and water buildup.
- Don’t wait. Communicate. Know how to get in contact with your friends and family during any emergency.
- Fuel up your automobile before any storm.
- If you have a basement in your house, shelve household items and make sure any electronic equipment is not lying directly on the floor.
- Prepare for potential power outages by creating a home emergency kit.